Friday, March 15, 2013

how shutdown windows 7 without applying updates

So, since I got my new laptop with windows 7, one thing has plagued me.  When you want to shutdown, and there are windows updates that need to be applied there is no way to just shutdown without applying the updates.

When you are in a rush to get out of the office on a Friday night is usually when this hits.  Then your options are hibernate/sleep and deal with it later or wait for the updates to apply.  And depending on how many updates there are is how long you might need to sit around and wait.  I suppose you can let it apply the updates while you are carrying it with you, but I don't think that's a good idea.

Finally learned the workaround: log-off first.

Once you log-off, there is an option on the login screen to log-off without applying the updates.

Yippie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you learn today?